Ok, I'm gonna break this down for you imbeciles on this board:
1. The reason why it appears that the majority of black women are bashing Kim is because this is a gossip site predominantly for and about black people, so naturallythere will be a lot of black women on here weighing in on this post, just like every other post on MTO.
2. I read each comment on here and I think what we are seeing is the effects of Willie Lynch and slavery.
In American society, black people are at the bottom of the barrel, generally speaking. When it comes to priveleges associated with race, we have seen that whites are the ones receiving these priveleges whether economically, socially, etc. This has allowed for the construction of the Eurocentric standard of beauty that upholds whites as more aesthetically pleasing than blacks. European features are considered more appealing than any of ethnic group. It was the same when it comes to the ***. When Sara Baartman (hottentot venus) came to Europe, she was ridiculed because of the size of her breasts, ***, hips, and thighs. She was always labeled as sexually perverse. Flash forward to the 1990s. Janet Jackson and Mary J. Blige were told to always wear black in their videos because of the size of their butts. All of a sudden, shapely rears became popular AMONG MAINSTREAM AMERICA when Jennifer Lopez came onto the scene because she was the fairest person European Hollywood had seen with a big *** and she had a lot of success in films with many white actors. Because of the european indoctrination, white women are idealized, by not only whites but by some blacks. If you noticed the Sexiest Black Women Alive list for 2008, it features many black women that appeal to the eurocentric standard in the top 10.
We have seen a new phenomenon with white women with booty, and like one commenter on here believes "there is nothing better than a white women with booty". They do not get the same label as being sexually perverse/primitive because of the size of their butts as black women receive. Notice the double standard?
3. You can't blame the black man for viewing the white women as beautiful. It is hard living as a black man in society because you are constantly reminded of the color of your skin and much of your life experiences will be shaped around it.
4. But it is even harder to live as a black women especially when the paradigms of race, class, and gender do not favor you, but rather place you on the last rung on the proverbial social hierarchy/ladder. You are told that you are less than white women because of your skin, nose, eyes, and your body shape that categorizes you as sexually promiscuous. You believe that the black man is the only one you can relate to, and so you naturally idealize him as your soul mate, and many black men do for black women. Thing is, there is a *** of "good black men" out there because of a new institution of slavery called prison. Also, fewer black men are going to college these days. As a defense mechanism, sistas "lock down" on the good black men, who are eligible bachelors, and future marriage partners.
5. I think the pain of the eurocentric aesthetic is deeply rooted in black women who come on this site and see black men drooling over these white women--white women who are considered novelties because of their shapes. Truth be told, neither one of us is to blame. We're both affected by the white majority's ideologies. I can't hate on Kim because she's dating Reggie, which appears to be the number 1 reason for why black women dislike her on MTO. Interracial relationships is a beautiful thing. I've done it plenty of times. I think the reason why women of color feel a certain way about Kim Kardashian is because,
A. We feel that the way in which the White majority have constructed standards of beauty in the world has led us to feel contempt for those outside of our race. It has also led us to believe that black men are our only partners in life. Individuals outside of our race that may show interest in us are quickly dismissed because of the suspicious nature of their intent. Are they only with me because of the sexual stereotypes associated with my skin color?
B. Black men will sometimes let you know that you know nothing about your history if you are seen with someone outside of your race because how could you be aware of your history (think of the Hottentot Venus story and more importantly the raping of black women during slavery) and knowingly date a white man when long ago he has exploited and violated you and your body? Keep in mind that this does not go both ways. There is a double standard here too because Black men feel as though because no sexual rape has been afflicted on them by white women, that they have not been raped at all--"raped" in this context, not being the forcible act of sexual activity, but rather the act of exploitation. And let's not forget that black women are constantly exploited by black men (turn on BET) all the time. But back to what I was saying: Who wants to be the Benedict Arnold of their race?
6. My main issue with Kim is her inability to be honest with the public. We weren't born yesterday and we know that her backside was purchased, not homegrown. I can appreciate a white woman with booty, but only if it's homegrown. REAL TALK, no hating involved. Reggie Bush does not appeal to me as an ideal black man, because I do not look for the ideal black man when I date. I look for whoever likes to kick it with me, regardless of color. And you will be surprised how many non-black men (with good intentions) there are looking for black women as partners.
I think that in this day and age we need to be more open-minded and expand our horizons, as cliche as that sounds. Black men making comments about hitting the gym and calling out the black women on here as haters, black women, is that who you really want to be with? You need someone to big you up not bring you down. At the same time, people will attack you when they notice an insecurity, and the insecurity for most black women on MTO is white women with black men. MTO KNOWS THIS AND THEY EXPLOIT THIS INSECURITY ALMOST EVERYDAY(do I feel a boycott coming on? LOL). Get out there and find someone that loves you for you....remember, he doesn't have to be black. I know it's hard because of the trust issues associated with the past, but put yourself out there. That's the only way you'll experience anything.
Also, I love my black men for the most part, so no love lost (hopefully). But I gotta be real....
P.S. Armenia is not part of the middle east; it is considered european although bordered by Eurasian countries, much like Russia. Speaking of Russia, Kim is Russian-Armenian, Turkish-Armenian, German and Irish. Not trying to be facetitious, but last time I checked, all of that makes you white.....kinda makes me think about how inadequate high school history and academics is....